In order to be more inclusive we have decided to open our cycling tours to members of your family or friends who might like to join our bike tours but are hesitant to do so because of their level of fitness or riding ability. To meet their needs we have added the option of renting electric bikes to some of our tours.
The e-bike is a regular bicycle with the addition of an electric motor to provide assistance. It makes cycling more accessible to people who aren't regular cyclists. E-bikes provide all the advantages of a regular bike, like fun and exercise, while eliminating one of the bicycle's more serious drawbacks, lack of power.
The electric drive system is activated through a pedaling action. You pedal normally climbing up a hill as comfortably as riding down.
If you like to join one of our regular tours or have your own custom tour using e-bike/s please let us know and we will be happy to assist you.
- Bofeili Sport 26", Mid drive
- The bike can be operated in pedal assist or pedal only mode.
- In pedal assist mode the bike senses that you are pedaling (after 1 revolution) and starts to help you.
- 5 Levels of assistance can be selected. In its highest assist setting, hardly any user input is required.
- Level 0, no resistance from the motor at all (freewheel clutch), ordinary bike. All info remains on the display.
- Motor cuts out when brakes are pressed, or when voltage is low to protect the battery.
- Riding range is greatly enhanced with pedal assistance.
- The battery can be charged on or off the bike in 4 - 8 hours.